Monday, January 21, 2013

Bernat Temperature Scarf KAL/CAL

I am having so much fun with the new 2013 KAL/CAL on the Bernat website. :)
Follow along with the KAL/CAL on the Bernat Forum.

We are making "Temperature Scarves", changing colors according to the temperature each day of 2013.  I'm using Bernat Denimstyle for my scarf - all 13 colors of it.

Denimstyle Colors

Here's how I've arranged the colors, according to temperatures for Charlotte, NC.

Shandeh Colors Denimstyle

And here's how my scarf looks, after working January 1 - January 5.  I am making a wrap instead of a scarf, casting on twice as many stitches as the pattern dictates.  And I'm leaving the ends to be a fringe along one side.  I started off with an edge of several rows in the lightest color, and will finish off the project in the same way.  I might also crochet an edge along the unfringed side.  Time will tell. Can't wait to wrap myself up in this cozy wrap!

Shandeh Temp Wrap Start

2 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Sounds like a really fun idea. I can't wait to see your wrap. :)

Blessings always

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Looks amazing so far!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally