Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Whole Lotta Knittin' Goin' On!

I have SO MANY PROJECTS GOING RIGHT NOW!  ACK!
But, I'm actually enjoying the process.  When I get tired of working on one, I just set it aside, and pick up another.

A few days ago, I cast on a triangle scarf, trying out Bernat's new "Fleurettes" yarn, in the color Honeysuckle.  I only have 3 skeins of it, so I'm going to knit some rows in between each skein using Bernat Satin in the color Stone.  I might add a crochet border around the edge, using Satin for that as well.  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Bernat Fleurettes & Satin Shawl

Here's another:  A Christmas stocking for a new customer.  I'm using Red Heart Sport for this one.  I'm also making another one in wool (Knit Picks Palette), for my sweet repeat customer. :)

Stephen after Santas

After two unsuccessful attempts at knitting (or crocheting) a tie for my friend John, I think I've finally found the perfect pattern for the yarn.  The yarn (Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk Paints) looks lovely with standard stockinette stitch, and the bias design makes it pop!  There will be some lining and seaming involved at the end, but that's no problem.  I grew up sewing, so it should be a cinch.  (famous last words...I know....)

Tie for John

Another project I'm enjoying working on is my "Recurrent Dream by Moonlight Shawl".  Made that name up myself - I'm using Moonlight Mohair in the color "Northern Lights", and Moda Dea Dream in Black.  They work so well together, and the French Scarf pattern is PERFECT for it. :)

Recurrent Dream by Moonlight

There are some other projects going as well, but I figure this is enough to tell you about.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Loved seeing all your projects, the yarns are so pretty. :)

Blessings always

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally