Saturday, December 27, 2014

Finished Projects in December

I was able to finish a few things this month, in the midst of the usual seasonal craziness in my life.

Copied a vintage Christmas stocking for a customer, using the free vintage pattern I found online. After measuring the original stitch gauge, I determined that Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" would work to the correct gauge, and had matching colors.  They turned out just right, and the customer was pleased. :)  The original stocking is on the left - it says "E R",

Completed Christmas Stockings

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time at a local sports bar, talking, drinking, eating, and knitting while I'm there.  I've made a lot of fun friends this way, and they all take an interest in my knitting and crochet.  One of the bartenders there asked me to knit her a scarf, using black, grey, and white yarns.  I had a skein of Red Heart Boutique Changes in my stash, with shades of grey - so that's what I used.  I cast on 230 stitches with a size US 11 knitting needle, and knit every row.  When I ran out of yarn, I cast off.  It turned out pretty good!

IMG_20141221_202403.jpg

IMG_20141221_221215503

One of the projects I've been making while sitting at the bar is a Crochet Prayer Shawl, using a free pattern on the Yarnspirations website.  I used 5 skeins of Bernat Satin yarn in the color "Sunset", which is bright orange.  Lots of sports fans wanted to claim my shawl, because their favorite team happened to have that shade of orange as their team color.  But, I told them that this shawl was for a friend.  (I think I might actually claim it for myself!)

Prayer Shawl - Getting Started

Crochet Prayer Shawl

What did you knit for the month of December?

1 comment:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I've been knitting cowls. I really have fallen in love with cowls lately. :)

Your stockings are awesome. You always do such fine work. I love the scarf, too. The shawl is such a happy color...I know you'll enjoy wearing it. :)

Have fun at the bar. I think it's awesome you are taking the knitting and crocheting out and about. People need to see more of us out there....who knows, you might even be able to teach a few of them how to do it, too. The more the merrier! :)

Happy New Year!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally