Saturday, October 22, 2016

Bird's Eye Baby Blanket

From Shandeh:
Recently, I crocheted a tiny blanket for the hospital, using two colors of Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. I was asked for a knitted version of the design.

I came up with this:

Bird's Eye Baby Blanket

Designed by Sandy Davis (Shandeh)

Sized for preemie babies in hospital.
This blanket has no holes, so baby fingers will not catch in fabric.
Size: 19-20 inches square

Gauge: 21-22 sts = 4 inches

Materials:
Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn - 2 colors
Size 6 (4 mm) knitting needle

Note: Do not cut yarn when changing colors. Just carry the yarn up the side.

Cast on 100 stitches with Color A
Knit 5 rows
Drop Color A, and switch to Color B

Row 1: (Color B)
K4 * Slip 1 purl-wise, K1 * K4
(Repeat between*s to last 4 sts)

Row 2: (Color B)
K4, Purl to last 4 sts, K4
Drop Color B, and switch to Color A

Row 3: (Color A)
K4 * K1, Slip 1 purl-wise * K4
(Repeat between *s to last 4 sts)

Row 4: (Color A)
K4 * Purl to last 4 sts * K4
Drop Color A, and switch to Color B

Repeat these 4 rows until blanket is square, ending on Row 2. Switch to Color A.

Knit 5 rows garter stitch in Color A.
Bind off stitches. Weave in ends.

Here's a link to the crocheted blanket that inspired my knitted design:
http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/sweet-striped-mini-blanket.html

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally