Thursday, November 24, 2016

Diamond Brocade Chunky Blanket

My grandma asked me to knit her a pink blanket. After perusing my stash, I found a good bit of Bernat Softee Chunky in the color "Peony Pink". This should make her happy.
Diamond Brocade Chunky Blanket
designed by Sandy Davis (me)
Yarn: Bernat Softee Chunky 
(I will post total number of skeins after I finish making the model)

Using US size 13 knitting needles (9 mm), cast on 136 sts. 
(This makes the blanket about 65 inches wide)

Knit 8 rows (garter stitch)

Note: In the following pattern rows, always repeat the directions between the asterisks until you reach the last 4 stitches. (I use stitch markers to mark the border stitches.)
Row 1: (RS) K4, *P1, K7*, K4
Row 2: K4, *K1, P5, K1, P1*, K4
Row 3: K4, *K2, P1, K3, P1, K1*, K4
Row 4: K4, *P2, K1, P1, K1, P3*, K4
Row 5: K4, *K4, P1, K3*, K4
Row 6: K4, *P2, K1, P1, K1, P3*, K4
Row 7: K4, *K2, P1, K3, P1, K1*, K4
Row 8: K4, *K1, P5, K1, P1*, K4
Knit the 8 rows above until the blanket reaches desired length.
Knit 8 rows (garter stitch).
Bind off loosely.

I'm about halfway through my work, so expect an update soon!
- Shandeh

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally