Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wool Soaker Sack for a Newborn

One of my friends is having a baby soon, and plans on using cloth diapers and wool soakers.

I decided to make a newborn-sized wool soaker sack, using the free knitting pattern I found online called "Sheepy Sack". The yarn I chose is Lion Fishermen's Wool, since it still has the lanolin in the wool, to make it waterproof. I hope it works well for them.

It took a while to make. The ribbing at both ends was done with size 4 needles, and the stockinette through the middle was on size 7 needles. I worked on it between other projects. It's nice to get it completed. :)
Soaker Sack

Here's a closer view of the waistband. I chose to make the tie with 3 strands of yarn braided together. I like the way it turned out.
Soaker Sack Waistband

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally