Saturday, November 28, 2009

Finishing Up the Bernat Star Afghan

It took two months of knitting, with only three rows of purling at the very end. Now, it's finally complete! I finished weaving in all the ends today, and ran it through a cold rinse cycle with fabric softener in the washing machine.

Here's how it looked before blocking:
Star Afghan Finished

Next, I needed to block it. After placing my usual blocking pad on my bed, I put the afghan on it, and realized that it was too large to block there. So, I just pinned it on the wall! Ha! (The wall will be worked on this year anyway, during our house repair work.)
Star Afghan - Blocking on Wall

2 comments:

AuburnChick said...

Yay!!! I love the shape of this!!

Shandeh said...

Thanks Nathalie! I love it too. I just hope the recipient likes it as much as we do! :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally