Saturday, April 13, 2013

Designing My Own Scarf, Using Bernat's Stitch Gallery

About a year ago, we started a knit and crochet-along in the Bernat Forum, where we are all designing our own scarf, using the Bernat Stitch Gallery for Knit Stitches and Crochet Stitches.

Since that time, several Bernat Forum members have finished their lovely scarves, and moved onto other projects.  But, as usual, I am WAY behind the rest of the pack.  I had a great idea, but just didn't follow through as quickly as I hoped I would.

This past week, I grabbed my three skeins of Vickie Howell Sheepish yarn, and got to work with Bernat's "Wagon Wheel" design.  IT IS SO FUN!!! Omigosh, I can't believe I dragged my feet on this.  :P
Wagon Wheels

Here's the two videos I made, showing how to make the wheel motif.

Part One Video "Wagon Wheel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqBNc2spaRI

Part Two Video "Wagon Wheel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHTKJ3qvY38

Now, I just need to make lots of wagon wheels, then seam them together for my scarf.  :)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally