Friday, September 19, 2014

Yarnspirations News: 2014 Caron Mystery Adventure Scarf!

Most of you already know that I work for Yarnspirations.  You might not know what I actually do there, though.  Well, it's like this.  It changes from day to day.  Sometimes, I moderate the forum on their website.  Other times, I'm surfing through their Facebook posts, offering my help there as well. Occasionally, I write an article on the Yarnspirations Blog.  Once in a while, you'll find me on Ravelry, talking to Yarnspirations customers there as well.  I run the Ravelry Yarnspirations group, and the Bernat Crafters group, among other things.

I don't really know what my "title" is.  Who knows.  Doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy to work for them.  I have a TON of yarn in my craft room, and I never run out of projects to make.  Lots of pattern books, and thousands of free patterns as well.  When I die, you'll find yarn, yarn, yarn, and even more yarn....because there is no way I will EVER use all of this.

Right now, we are in the middle of a Mystery KAL/CAL, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.  Every week, we get a new clue, which includes 3 options for a knitted or a crocheted scarf.  Everyone's scarf will be completely different.  Neat!

I'm doing both crafts - knit and crochet.

For my knitted scarf, I'm using Caron United yarn in the colors Navy, Burgundy, and Aran.

My Yarn

For my crocheted scarf, I'm using the happy shades of Orange, Red, and Mustard.

Caron United Colors

Here's how they look so far:


For the knitted section, I used Option A (beginner) from Clue #1
The crocheted scarf was made using Option C (intermediate) from Clue #1

I got Clue #2 this week, so I need to get going on those.  I don't want to fall behind in this project.  It's quick and fun, so I have no excuse.  Wish me luck!

If you want to join us in the KAL/CAL, sign up over there --> Mystery Scarf

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally