Friday, April 18, 2008

An Afghan for an Afghan! :)

Whee!!

This morning, I woke up early, after having slept all night. ALERT THE MEDIA!!!
I NEVER sleep at night. I don't know what the deal was.

I know one thing....my hubby was sick, with a fever of 101, and he was actually sleeping under the covers. Maybe that made me feel all comfy and cozy. :D

Anyway, I slept all night, which was a wonderful thing.

So, when I got up this morning, I gave my hubby a glass of ice water, and a little cup of water with some Airborne dissolved in it. I also talked him into calling in sick at work. I was shocked when he did it! Wow!

Next, I made him ANOTHER glass of water, this time with Alka-Seltzer Plus cold medicine dissolved in it. By this time, he was up and walking around a bit. So I talked him into making himself a toaster waffle for breakfast. After eating that, he went back to bed to sleep off his fever.

The house was nice and quiet, so I went to the living room, and gathered together all the squares that I had for making a baby blanket for the "Afghans for Afghans" project. I counted all the squares, and pulled out 12 of them (each a different color). Then, I arranged them in a way that looked decent.
1st Afghan Ready to be Stitched

Next, I started weaving in all the ends of yarn that were hanging loose. The Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn is so thick, it looks like dreadlocks. (tee-hee!)

So, after weaving in all the ends, the squares got out of order somehow. I know this, because the completed baby blanket is completely different from the way I laid them out originally. :P

1st Afghan - Complete

Oh well, it still looks good. I just did a basic whipstitch to seam the squares together. It gives it a nice "rustic" look. Makes me wanna snuggle under it in a cabin in the mountains. But, I don't get to snuggle under it at ALL. This blanket is for a baby in Afghanistan. ;)

Thanks to some members of the Knitting Help Forum, I had enough squares to finish the blanket. How cool is that? I knit about 9 squares, and received 11 squares from members of the forum. :D I'm close to having enough to make two blankets, so I'm gonna get back to work making some more squares. Hopefully, I'll be able to send TWO blankets to the "Afghans for Afghans" project! Woo Hoo!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Nice Job. Despite changing position, the squares look nice in that arrangement. I got some wool sweaters to ravel for wool for this project, but it got stalled. Maybe this summer I can dismantle the sweaters and get the wool washed for knitting next winter.

Shandeh said...

Thanks Nancy! *hug*

Good luck with unravelling sweaters! That is a big job. I know, because I've done it myself. A skein winder helps a lot.

Alicia said...

Vewry nice!Very colorful and cheerful.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally