Saturday, April 12, 2008

Making Room for Hubby in my Craft Room

Well, I guess my days of quiet bliss are over in my craft room.

My hubby's son (my stepson) has decided that he likes us enough to stay with us this summer. So, that means that my hubby's "cave" is gonna be converted into a teenager's bedroom for a while.

THAT means that my hubby needs a temporary cave to sort out his thoughts after work. So, I'm having to clear out a corner in my craft room for him. Poor guy.

Yesterday, I got started. I went into the craft room, and started taking things out. First, I took down the sewing table. (After removing the piles of books and clothes and knitting projects from the top of it.) Hey! There's my sewing machine! :P

Next, I dragged out the rocking chair, the desk chair, and the little rolling carts that were holding up the sewing table. (The sewing table is just a board, by the way.) So, then I had lots of space in the middle of the room. I stood there and contemplated what to do next.

I looked at my yarn bins, and thought, "Hmmm....I wonder if they will fit underneath the shelving on the other wall. They did! Woo Hoo!

So, that meant I needed to move all the stuff out of the way that WAS under the shelving. So, I started moving things around, and ended up getting slightly injured in the process. I scratched my arm on the sharp edge of a bookcase, and dropped something on my hand, which immediately raised a blue spot. OUCH! Off to the kitchen I went to get the ice pack out of the freezer.

Now, I was working with one hand, while holding the ice pack on the other. :P

I was able to move everything around, and now I am satisfied with the results.

Here is the front wall of my craft room. The only thing different is the little bookcase behind the spinning wheel. It used to be underneath the shelving.
Front Wall - Bookshelves and Spinning Wheel

Here is the empty corner, ready for my hubby to invade with his desk and a few other things.
Empty Corner for My Hubby

Here is my little nest now: My rocking chair is SURROUNDED by yarn. Ha!
Chair is Now Surrounded by Yarn

There won't be any sewing in this room for a while. If I need to sew anything, I'll just have to set up my sewing machine on the kitchen table.

Here is the view of my side of the room, from my hubby's corner. I placed my cutting table between our spaces, so he can have a bit of privacy when he's over there. It kinda makes a low wall for him.
View from Hubby's Corner

I guess this will work okay for the summer. I'm just glad it's not going to be forever.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally