Friday, November 21, 2008

Making a Vintage Baby Top

I've been working on this baby top for a long time, and it's FINALLY starting to look like the photo in the knitting book. I'm using a pattern from a vintage Bear Brand Baby knitting book.
Vintage Bear Brand

Here's the pattern photo in the book:
Baby Top Photo in Book

And here's my knitting so far:
Baby Top - Halfway Finished

I'm using a pretty vintage cotton yarn, called "Cotton Carole" by Jessan. I just love the fabric it makes.
Jessan Cotton Carole Close View

I got the yarn in a vintage knitting kit on eBay. It looks like this kit was originally sold at Kmart!!!
Jessan Cotton Carole

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally