Sunday, November 2, 2008

Glowing Ghost Finger Puppets

For Halloween, I decided to make little glow-in-the-dark ghost finger puppets for my piano students treat bags. I used Bernat Glow in the Dark yarn, and size 6 dpns. Quick and easy!

More Glowing Ghosts 2

Here's the free pattern I designed:

Glowing Ghost Finger Puppet

Materials: Bernat Glow in the Dark yarn, little bits of black worsted weight yarn for embroidery, size 6 (US) double pointed knitting needles, yarn needle for embroidery.

Cast on 18 stitches, then divide the stitches on 3 needles (6 stitches on each needle). Join in the round.

Knit every stitch for 7 rounds.
Round 8: Knit 2 together, Knit 4. (Repeat this on each needle.)
Round 9 & 10: Knit
Round 11: Knit 2 together, Knit 3.(Repeat this on each needle)
Round 12 through 17: Knit
Round 18: Knit 2 together all the way around.

Cut yarn about 8 inches long, and attach a yarn needle, then run the yarn through the remaining stitches. Pull it tight, fasten tightly, then push it through to the center. Weave in loose ends.
Use a small amount of black yarn to embroider eyes and a mouth. Enjoy!

Glowing Ghost Finger Puppet - Knitting Pattern

Glowing Ghost Finger Puppet Ghost Trio Finger Puppets

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally