Thursday, October 22, 2009

Busy, Busy Knitter!

I haven't posted in a while, because I've been a busy knitter.....as usual.

I'm getting started now on the Bernat Star Afghan. Right now, it looks like a Star PILLOW!
Star Afghan "Pillow" - No Flash

And I'm still working on the Christmas Stockings, as well as some other projects. (No updated photos...sorry.)

Yesterday morning, I was reading my usual stuff on the internet, and took a look at the Afghans for Afghans blog. The current campaign has a VERY FAST deadline. Everything must be in California by next week. So, I decided that I would not be able to participate this time. I then turned off the computer, and walked down the hall to my craft room to work on my projects.

When I sat down, I felt a little tug on my heart. So, I reached behind my knitting chair, and pulled out a bag of 100% wool yarn I use for charity knitting. And got started knitting a hat. I just had to do what I could to make a child warmer in Afghanistan. They have very cold winters there, and most homes have no electricity or running water.

It only took about an hour, and I finished this pretty hat, with some nice bulky 100% Alpaca yarn. The yarn was in a Nicky Knits poncho kit I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby a few years ago. It knits FAST...which was exactly what I needed.
A4A Bulky Child's Hat In Progress - No Flash

Now, at least ONE child will be a little warmer.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally