Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yay! My Cape is FINISHED! :D

Yippee!!!

Last night, I completely finished the cape I've been making for the Bernat Blog:
http://bernat.com/blog/

I can't believe it! It took about 5 or 6 weeks to make, using Bernat Softee Chunky yarn. I was working on several other projects at the same time, so that caused a bit of a delay on my cape.

Anyway, I'll quit talking, and show you the finished cape.

The front:
Cape Complete - No Flash

The back:
Cape Complete - Back

I love it. :)

And my hubby likes it too! When I walked down the hall to show it to him, his mouth dropped open, and he said, "That looks great!" Such a sweet hubby. (glowing with pride)

The thing that really finished off the hood and made it look nice was the buttons on the side. I also added a big button on the front, where the neckline separates. I think it adds a nice touch.

8 comments:

Yamma Mamma said...

Great job! Looks good!

Nancy said...

I like it, too. It is very attractive.

Robin said...

Looks great!!!

Shandeh said...

Thank you, my friends! :)

Trisha said...

That looks great on you,Shandeh. Lovely color on you, and fantastic knitting. Congrats on the Bernat Blog, too. I'm dibbs on KH. aka Trisha..

Shandeh said...

Thanks Trisha!

Connie said...

I have this in my Ravelry Q too! Your's looks so nice and I love that waffle texture it has...great job! Missed you at Knit Nuts!

Shandeh said...

Thanks Connie! I hope to be there next time. :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally