Friday, April 2, 2010

New Baby Project for Commission

This week, I had to get a lot of medical tests on my heart. (Had a weird thing happen last week. You can read about it on my health blog: http://sandyhealthlog.blogspot.com/2010/03/heart-trouble-at-hospital.html

Anyway, when I was at the check-out desk in the doctor's office, the lady heard me mention that I was a knitter. Her eyes popped up from her computer, and she said, "Could you make a blanket and hat for me to use as a gift for a baby boy?" Of course, I agreed. We worked out the details, and I told her that I would get started on it.

She wants it to be washable. And the colors of the nursery are lime and chocolate.

When I left the doctor's office, I stopped at AC Moore to see what they might have in those colors. I found it! And for a good price too. :)

Here's the lime. (Trust me, it looks more "lime-y" in real life.) It's Bernat Baby Sport in "Kiwi".
Bernat Baby Sport - Kiwi

And here's the chocolate. Red Heart Designer Sport in Cocoa.
Red Heart Designer Sport - Cocoa

I've spent the last few hours searching for a good pattern. I think I'm leaning toward these:

Patons "Diamond Hat"
Diamond Hat Image

Bernat's "Woven Look Blanket"
Woven Look Blanket Image

I think those should work well for a baby boy.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow--I hope you get a CPAP machine if it is sleep apnea. That had to be so scary. I hope you get some answers soon.
I never thought of using lime and chocolate together but I bet it will look nice. Those 2 patterns are very pretty. I especially like the blanket one.

Shandeh said...

Thanks for the well wishes, Sheila! *hug* I hope to get it all resolved soon.

I like the blanket pattern too. I'm thinking of doing the same "brick" design around the brim of the hat. That would make the two items look good together, I think.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally