Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas.....

I think I can hear sleigh bells! And a great big "Ho Ho Ho!" :)

Christmas will be here before we know it, so I'm trying to get a few projects finished in time.

Christmas Stockings
My mother-in-law used to knit a lot when she was younger. But now that her arthritis has made her life very difficult, she has given all of her knitting stuff to me. What a blessing! Included in the large bag she gave me is enough to knit 5 large vintage Mary Maxim Christmas Stockings.

This kit has everything needed to knit two stockings. One in the Wreath design, and one in the Snowflake design:
Mary Maxim Christmas Stocking Kit

This one has enough left to make the "Old Time Santa" stocking. (The green one on the bottom.) My mother-in-law has asked me to knit this stocking for her to use as a gift this year. I'm casting it on this week!
Old Time Santa Stockings

She was able to finish all the knitting on two stockings already. "Mr & Mrs Santa"
Mr & Mrs Santa Stockings

She asked me to finish these up, to make one for her great-granddaughter, and one for me. I've chosen Mrs. Santa, of course, because she has knitting needles in her hair! I think I'll add some other knitting images with duplicate stitch, to make it more festive.

The Mr Santa stocking was my project this past week. I searched online for Christmas charts, so I could embroider some fun designs on the blank spots of the stocking. I think it turned out very nice! Now, all I have left to do is seam up the back.
Santa Stocking Embellished

Now, I'm ready to get going on the "Old Time Santa".

I'm also finishing up a stocking that will be displayed at Yarnhouse Knits in the NoDa district of Charlotte. It's a very basic design by Ann Norling, called "Snowflake Stocking".

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally