Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Finishing up a Blanket for Hailey

For the past year and a half, I've been working on a blanket for my step-granddaughter, Hailey. She asked for a warm blanket, made with purple and green yarns. I'm using Bernat Softee Chunky in Fern Green, Medium Sea Green, Lavender, and Pale Antique Rose. Been making it up as I go along, just making odd squares.

I finally had enough squares ready last week.
Squares Done

Next, I decided to add some duplicate stitch embroidery on the stockinette squares. I'm using a leaflet by Hickory Hollow, called "A Beginner's Guide to Duplicate Stitch" for the heart and the flower designs.
Duplicate Stitch Flower

After laying out all the squares, I've decided to not use the two color "woven-look" squares, because they just don't work with the design. I had already knit two pink seed stitch squares, so I'm using them instead. Maybe I'll make a pillow with the two leftover squares. We'll see.
Pink Seed Stitch Square

My duplicate stitch embroidery ws complete, and I really loved the way it was looking! Now, I just needed to seam it all together.
Ready to Seam

1 comment:

Lulu said...

wow, thats beautiful..

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally