Friday, June 27, 2008

Yay! A wonderful day of Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!!

Today was a BLAST!

I met a friend from Ravelry (knitnatnc), and she gave me lots of yarn for charity! :)

Woo Hoo!

Gift Yarn

I spent a lot of time rewinding some of the yarn. Now, it's all in pretty center-pull cakes!
Various Yarns - Rewound into Cakes

When I finished organizing all that yarn, I took photos of it all and put it in my stash on Ravelry.

Then, I went back to my craft room and finished unravelling the sweater I've been working on. I got it at Goodwill for a few dollars, and want to use the yarn to make some socks and a scarf.

After I finished unravelling it, I wound it all on my yarn swift, so I could make hanks.

Recycled Yarn - Making Hanks

I went to hang one of the hanks on a doorknob, and it reminded me of hair. So I stuck it on my head, looked in the mirror, and busted out laughing. My hubby asked what I was doing, and I told him to grab the camera.

Here's my yarn hair:
Sandy - Yarn Hair

And my yarn moustache:
Sandy - Yarn Moustache

My hubby was a good sport to take photos, wasn't he? :P

After goofing off a while longer, I got back to work. I took the hanks to the kitchen and got them wet. Then hung them up to dry, weighting them down to pull out the kinks in the yarn.
Hanging Recycled Yarn to Dry

Like I said, it was a good yarn day at my house. ;)

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I just recently came to the realization that you could actually reuse the yarn in sweaters, so thanks for posting about it; now I know that it really can be done! The yarn hair and moustache definitely look like something I would do, lol!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally