Monday, January 4, 2010

Slippers for Me! Yay!

Our house has been SO COLD lately, so I decided to make myself a pair of warm slippers. I chose the same pattern I used recently for the slippers I knit for my son. It's the free pattern "Red Hot Slipper Socks" on the Lion Brand website. (Now that I've figured out all the errors in the pattern, they are very easy to make.)

I love the way mine turned out. They remind me of Eddie Bauer colors. (tee-hee)
Bulky Slippers for Me

Here's how they looked when they were on the HUGE double-pointed needles. I think I could actually hear the "whoosh" of the wind as I was wrapping the yarn for each stitch. Ha!
Bulky Slippers for Me

Now, I'm planning on making some more slippers for other members of my family. It will be a nice way to use up the bulky yarn in my stash.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally