Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Yay! I Finished Two Projects!

Woo Hoo! I did it! I finished the helmetliner! I'll mail it out tomorrow. ;)
Helmetliner on Me

I ended up having to use 3 different yarns for the helmetliner, because I kept running out of yarn. I started off with some Berella Muskoka I had in my stash. It's a superwash wool, and is nice and soft. The only problem was that the dye rubbed off on my hands. I ran out of that yarn before I made the top of the hat.

Then, I added on a skein of Pingouin Pure Laine No 5, in a putty color that went well with the Muskoka. I finished the top of the hat, then started to frame the face opening, and ran out of THAT!
Helmetliner - Running Out of Yarn

Next, I looked in my stash of wool yarn, and found a soft brown vintage yarn called "Lady Galt Kroy". It's fingering weight, so I had to hold two strands together to be the same thickness as the worsted weight yarn I was using on the rest of the helmetliner.
Helmetliner - New Yarn

It all worked together perfectly! :D

The other project I finished was a cozy to use for those hot take-out cups of coffee. A fast and easy project. ;)
Coffee Cozy 2

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally