Monday, November 12, 2007

Soldiers and a Yarn Shop

My latest two projects are for a soldier, and my cousin's yarn shop.

The one for a soldier is a helmetliner. One of the girls in the Knitting Help Forum is collecting helmetliners, so I said I would try to make one. I'm right at the deadline now, so I hope I finish in time. If not, I'll just mail it directly to the soldiers.

I'm using Berella Muskoka yarn, in a camouflage color. The only problem with the yarn is that it is not holding the dye very well. Whenever I knit this project, my fingers turn black. :(
Helmetliner

Here is how far I've gotten on the helmetliner. It's starting to look like a science project now!
Helmetliner - More Done

Here's a side view:
Helmetliner Side View

The other project I'm working on is another display model for my cousin's yarn shop "Cottage Yarn". I'm using Universal Yarn Deluxe Chunky 100% Wool yarn in a nice periwinkle blue color. The pattern came from the Cascade Yarn website, called "Childs Alternative Cable Pullover". So far, I've almost finished the back.
Cable Pullover

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally