Sunday, December 12, 2010

Making Stuff for Christmas

So, now everyone can smell Christmas in the air. Which means, I'm busy making stuff for Christmas.

Number one on my list is a stocking I've promised to knit for a family member. My mother-in-law gave me all her knitting stuff, because her arthritis will not permit her doing it anymore. I'm using a vintage Mary Maxim #9042 kit she gave me to knit the "Green Santa Stocking".

Here's how it looked after a couple days of knitting. I think I spent the first day just getting everything organized, so I would be able to knit it without getting up over and over again.
Green Santa Stocking

Now, after 6 days, it's looking great!
Green Santa Stocking Almost Done

My mother has asked me to make some dishcloths as a gift for a friend. So, I grabbed some cotton yarn from my stash (Lily Sugar 'n Cream in the color "Potpourri Ombre"), and got started. I'm crocheting the first one, using a free pattern on the Lion Brand website. It's called "Almond Back Loop Washcloth". Easy to make, and it goes fast.
Almond Back Loop Washcloth

I'm also knitting a corner to corner dishcloth, so it will go fast too. More photos soon!

1 comment:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love the Santa stocking! It is so pretty. Can't wait to see more pics. Happy Knitting/Crocheting. :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally