Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Two Completed Christmas Stockings

Christmas is only 10 days away, so I made myself finish up the two vintage Christmas stockings I've been working on. Today was the day, and they are both complete now! Woo Hoo!

Here's the green version of the "Old Time Santa" by Mary Maxim. My mother-in-law gave me the vintage kit, and I followed it from beginning to end. It involved a lot of knitting, which included two kinds of colorwork (stranded and intarsia). When the knitting was complete, I had to weave in all the ends (took forEVER!!), then I added the gold beads, a bell, green and red ribbon bows, and gold thread embroidery. The last step was adding the name with duplicate stitch, and seaming up the back.

Stocking Complete

Here's the back side of the green stocking:
Stocking Back

The other stocking I've been finishing up was the "Mr Claus" Santa Stocking (another vintage Mary Maxim kit from my mother-in-law). I added some extra decorations with duplicate stitch, and did some embroidery, beads, and bells.
Stocking Complete

Here's the back of that one:
Stocking Back

2 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

These are all so awesome! You did such a wonderful job on these, as you always do. :)

Can't wait to see what's next.

Shandeh said...

Thank you very much, my friend! :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally