Monday, January 28, 2008

Wonderful Trip!

This past weekend, I had a wonderful time visiting some knitting friends in Massachusetts. It was the first time I've flown in over 12 years, so I was a bit nervous about hopping up in the sky again. :P But, I survived.

I stayed in the home of Amy and Sheldon Finlay. They were such charming hosts, and took great care to keep me happy and comfortable. That was quite a task actually, because my luggage was delayed. :(

So, my overnight stay was interesting. Amy provided a toothbrush, toiletries, cosmetics, and pajamas. She certainly deserves a blue medal for all that improvisation! :D

The next morning, my luggage was at their doorstep, kindly delivered by the airline. So, after changing clothes and freshening up, I felt much better. I thoroughly enjoyed visiting their beautiful home. Sheldon is a master at "keeping the home fires burning" at their charming woodstove, and has a beautiful Irish lilt to his voice. I think I could listen to him talk every day.
Woodstove

On the previous day, after picking me up at the airport, Amy took me to WEBS, the largest yarn shop I've ever seen. Very nice!
Sandy & Amy at WEBS

I didn't have much cash with me, but I couldn't resist buying some heavenly soft Misti Alpaca Lace, and some skeins of mohair blend (Valley Farms "Wildwood"), which was on sale half price.
WEBS Purchase

On my second day there, some other knitting friends came to visit as well, and we all enjoyed sitting around together, knitting and talking.
Amy & Sheldon at Home

Amy & Ingrid with Oddball Blanket

Jeremy Knitting

We even had some furry creatures around to entertain us.
Happy Kitty

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, and my trip home was uneventful, with luggage safely travelling all the way to my destination. Excellent!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally