Friday, August 21, 2009

Knitting a Set of Pretty Gloves

This past week, I went to Cottage Yarn to show a knitting technique to the shop owner. She had a small question about one thing, and I showed her how I would do it.

While I was there, she asked if I would be willing to make a pair of gloves to display at the shop. She also wants me to teach a class about making them. I decided to jump in and do it.

The pattern she chose is so pretty. It's in the latest issue of Vogue Knitting.
Vogue Magazine

The pattern is a pair of lace gloves, made with fingering weight wool yarn.
Vogue Gloves

I'll be using "Lanett" yarn, by Sandnes Garn, in a light, natural shade. Very pretty, and so soft!

So far, I've finished the cuff of one glove, and started the cuff of the other. I like making both of them at the same time. I'm using size 4 dpns, instead of the size 2 recommended in the pattern. I actually did a gauge swatch this time, and figured out that I need to go up two needle sizes to get gauge. I know....unbelievable that I actually did a swatch. Ha!

I'll post some photos of the gloves as soon as I get more batteries for my camera.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally