Sunday, May 27, 2007

Time to Knit for Myself a Little Bit!

Since I've been knitting for charity so much, I've decided that maybe I should actually knit something for myself for a change.

So, I've been trying to finish some of the UFO's (unfinished objects) in my craft room, as well as choosing some new projects that will excite me.

I found some Lion Brand Incredible yarn on sale at Michael's for a GREAT price, so I nabbed several skeins, then found a cool pattern for a top on the Berroco website. "Willa"
It is SO fun to knit, and it's really going fast!
Willa Top

Knitting Willa

In the midst of making my Willa top, I made a super soft scarf for my step-daughter, using some lovely Italian yarn.
Scarf for Jessi's Birthday

I also finally finished a Prayer Shawl for my church.
Burgundy Prayer Shawl View 2

I made a neckscarf, using some alpaca yarn I spun on my spinning wheel.
Alpaca Neckscarf

and, I've started making some more slipper socks for my Grandma.
Bernat Softee Chunky Slipper Socks

I'm also making some socks for my oldest son, using some Lang Jawoll sock yarn in a natural color. It's not photogenic yet, so I'll post a photo later.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a forum moderator and blogger for Spinrite Yarns (www.yarnspirations.com), and I spend WAY too much time there. :D You can also find me on the Knitting Help Forum occasionally